Monday, June 29, 2009

Blessings

The way God blesses us still amazes me.. He surrounds me with friends who know the Lord and choose to follow His will. I think he has a special plan for me, to bless me with so many people wanting to follow him and constantly encouraging me to do the same. He has provided for my every need, though I'm not near grateful enough and countless times, I've taken his blessings for granted. I've been blessed SO MUCH to be born in a country with religious freedom (for now, at least) where i have the right to worship and praise without fear, to be raised in a Godly home with Godly parents and siblings, to have instilled in me a knowledge of Biblical teachings, and again, to be surrounded by such awesome friends who have surpassed me in spiritual growth and can therefore teach me by experience. =)
My friends have been such a blessing to me.. they encourage me when i try to feel sorry for myself, put myself down, and have a self-pity party. They share with me what they've learned and what God has taught them throught the years and even daily. It's so much more real when people can name an instance in their life of when they've gone through the same trials and problems you're having, and tell them what they did to solve it. (i.e., praying, reading their Bibles or even trusting God and waiting)

At this point, I'd like to thank all my friends, family, mentors and accaintances God has brought into my life to teach me about His plan and His will. (i know it sounds like I'm making a graduation speech or something. haha) God is truly amazing and works in ways we can't even understand without His inspiration, and maybe not even then. Our minds work so much differently than God's does, and i know this is an old line, but we could NEVER (not if we had eternity) run this world, much less create it and have an ingenius plan for it. I hope I've touched your life, through this, and reminded you not to take the many blessings God's given you for granted. He gave you them for a purpose and, as friends have had to remind me of so many times, we're all different. You're special, I'm special, and God has given us all different mindsets, emotions, characteristics, attitudes, qualities, and even quirks. Yes, EVERY part of you is unique, even those things that you've done wrong and God has taught you from.

I love Veggie Tales, and one of my favorite parts of their episodes and one i hope i always remember is "God made you special, and He loves you very much". I feel like that's what God wants me to end this post with, and i hope it blesses your heart. It's so simple yet, so profoud.. and sometimes we don't seem to grasp it. Anywho... i hope God has used me with this post, to teach His followers. Thanks for reading! =)

No comments: