These questions tumbled around in my mind for a bit, and it left my dumbfounded. I am more self-centered than I care to admit, though my primary role as a Christian man is to be a servant-leader (http://www.leadersdirect.com/servant-leadership)! How can I lead OR serve as a man of God, while my own benefit is of great importance in my life? For after all, "God hath not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of sound mind." (2 Tim. 1:7) Love for others stemmed from Christ's love shown to me should be flowing forth from me like a fountain. I should do unto others as I would have them do unto me, and even more so!
(Matt. 5:38-45)
38 Ye have heard that it hath been said , An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: 39 But I sayunto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him theother also. 40 And if any man will sue thee at the law , and take away thy coat, let him have thycloke also. 41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain. 42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away . 43 Ye have heardthat it hath been said , Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. 44 But I say untoyou, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray forthem which despitefully use you, and persecute you; 45 That ye may be the children of yourFather which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendethrain on the just and on the unjust.
Those of you that know me, I ask that you evaluate my life and tell me of the places in which I fail. (I know this is a lot to ask, but it shows how serious I am of this.) Make sure you back it up with the Bible.
May the Lord Bless you and keep you,
Adam Franklin
No comments:
Post a Comment